VSETT electric scooters have been received well by the Australian market and are quickly becoming consumers top choice e-scooter for reliability, workmanship, quality materials and confidence the VSETT brand brings to riders. “Thankyou for bringing us together. I love this scooter it’s next level, stable and confident inspiring” states Steve Crump (a VSETT customer and now friend). Augustin states “this is the best scooter in my opinion. I did a lot of research before buying and it was the right decision. Just perfect.”
VSETT riders are sharing their views on the freedoms an e-scooter life brings. They are making the switch and now riding their VSETTs to work, incorporating e-scootering into their daily lifestyles and overall realizing that commuting can be an active one.
This aspect of an active lifestyle, along with the VSETT introduction of the VSETT Mini electric scooter is now making the younger demographic jump in on the action quite quickly. Here’s why…
What are the potential benefits to youth riding an electric scooter:
- Increased physical activity: Riding an electric scooter can be a fun and engaging way for youth to get outdoors (off devices) and be physically active. Even though the scooter is electrically powered, they still require some physical effort to balance and steer, which can provide a low-impact workout.
- Improved coordination and balance: Riding an electric scooter can help improve a child's coordination, balance, and spatial awareness. This can be especially beneficial for younger children who are still developing these skills.
- Enhanced independence: Riding an electric scooter can give youth a sense of independence and responsibility as they navigate the environment on their own.
- Environmental benefits: Electric scooters are an environmentally friendly transportation option as they do not produce emissions and can help reduce carbon footprint.
- Increased mobility: Electric scooters can provide youth with a quick and convenient mode of transportation, allowing them to travel longer distances than they would on foot.
The benefits of riding an electric scooter are endless however the upmost care needs to be taken by youth whilst riding and they must follow safety guidelines and laws of their state. Appropriate head gear or protective clothing, safe riding style and pedestrian awareness are some of the many aspects that must be taken seriously so VSETT riders stay safe riders.
Why is the VSETT Mini great for youth riders?
Size: The VSETT Mini is a compact and lightweight electric scooter, making it easy for youth to handle and control. It has a weight limit of up to 120 kg, making it suitable for youth of different sizes and weights.
Safety: The VSETT Mini comes with a range of safety features, including a front and rear suspension, front and rear lights, and a brake light. The suspension helps absorb shock and provide a smooth ride, while the lights increase visibility in low-light conditions.
Speed: The VSETT Mini has a top speed of 25 km/h, which is fast enough for youth to have fun and travel longer distances, but not so fast that it is dangerous.
Battery life: The VSETT Mini has the additional portable battery to increase its battery life, with a range of up to 35 km on a single charge, making it suitable to quickly attach for longer rides and commutes.
Convenience: The VSETT Mini is foldable and easy to transport, making it convenient for youth to take on public transport or store in small spaces.
The final question asked by many new youth undertakers and their families is Does Australian law allow youth to rider scooters?
In most parts of Australia, states and territories have realized the benefits of an electric scooter for our younger demographic however they can vary depending on their legal age to ride. Most states, for example New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria and Western Australia, state the minimum age for riding an electric scooter on the road or footpath is 12 years old, but there are restrictions on the maximum speed of the scooter, and the need for helmets and other safety gear. Age limits in South Australia are marginally higher at 16 years of age for public roads and no age limit for private property. And Northern Territory, Tasmania and the Australian Capital Territory again have different rules and regulations in place regarding the age requirements for riding an electric scooter.
It's important to check your local laws and regulations to determine the age requirement for riding an electric scooter in your area in Australia, as well as any other rules and safety guidelines that apply to the use of electric scooters.
VSETT AUSTRALIA… there’s a VSETT for the whole family!